Employment Discrimination Lawyers and Attorneys in Akron
Unwavering Dedication in Putting an End to Workplace Discrimination
Attorney F. Benjamin Riek III can help you with any of the following employment law matters:
- Age discrimination: Do you suspect that your termination was based on your age? Were others in your age group involved in a mass layoff? Before signing any settlement agreement, call the Law Offices of F. Benjamin Riek III. Should you have a valid claim, attorney F. Benjamin Riek III will aggressively pursue the compensation you deserve.
- Sexual harassment: You do not have to tolerate sexual harassment one more day. If you have complained to upper management without any results, you need an attorney to put an end to the hostile work environment. You have rights that include the right to a workplace free of sexually charged actions and remarks.
- Wrongful termination: Employees have a responsibility to report illegal activity by their employer. Fear of retaliation is one of the more common reasons that staff members remain silent. If you are ready to come forward, F. Benjamin Riek III will protect your rights as a whistleblower.
- Wage and hour violations: Were you denied pay that you were entitled to under state and federal law? Employers often misclassify hourly and salaried employees so they can save a few dollars. If you have struggled under these illegal actions, you need immediate legal representation — regardless of your classification or industry — from a seasoned and skilled employment law attorney.
What is Workplace Sexual Harassment?
Sexual harassment is sadly quite common. According to a recent QZ article, as many as 40% of women working in the U.S. fast food industry have reported experiencing sexual harassment. This can include unwanted sexual advances or behavior from a co-worker, manager, supervisor, or customer. Sadly, many individuals facing workplace sexual harassment are frightened to speak up because they fear retaliation from their employers. Here are some important things you should know about workplace sexual harassment. First off, there are two major types of workplace sexual harassment: quid pro quo harassment and sexual harassment that leads to a hostile work environment.
• Quid pro quo harassment occurs when a supervisor or person in authority asks an employee to engage in sexual favors for continued employment, promotion, or to avoid a demotion. Quid pro quo harassment can be subtle. If your boss asked you on a date and you said no and then later failed to receive a raise you believe you believe you deserved, you may be protected. Of course, it is important to build a strong case. An employment law attorney like the Akron, Ohio Lawyer F. Benjamin Riek III can help.
• A hostile work environment can be an environment where you face continued requests for sexual favors, unwelcome sexual advances, and physical harassment. The law doesn’t protect individuals from occasional teasing, offhand comments, or an isolated incident. Individuals must prove that the environment is one where harassing behavior is tolerated or encouraged. If you have made complaints to management about the behavior, but the behavior has continued, you may have the right to make a claim against your employer for sexual harassment. For instance, if customers or clients are behaving in a harassing manner, your employer has a responsibility to create a safe workplace environment. If you are suffering from workplace sexual harassment, you have rights under the law. Contact F. Benjamin Riek III to learn more about your rights.
Contact Akron Lawyer F. Benjamin Riek III Today
Call the Law Offices of F. Benjamin Riek III at 330-864-8604 or fill out our intake form.